The National Emphasis Program
Attention, property managers and building owners! Did you know: The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recently announced a National Emphasis Program (NEP) to reduce and prevent workplace falls?
Workplace falls continue to be the leading cause of workplace fatalities.
In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics data and OSHA enforcement history show that out of 5,190 fatal workplace injuries in 2021, 680 were due to falls from elevation. OSHA also conducted 11,744 inspections, 749 of them having had a fall emphasis.
In light of these facts, OSHA has determined that an increase in enforcement and outreach activities is warranted.
What Does OSHA’s NEP on Falls Mean for You?
OSHA’s fall emphasis inspections are likely to rise through the NEP. OSHA officers will target general industry and construction. Officers will be able to inspect a workplace without an appointment whenever they observe someone working at heights.
This means you need to make sure you are prepared, and your rooftop is compliant!
Watch our latest on-demand webinar for an industry-expert-led walkthrough of this program, what it means for you, and how to comply. If you’re ready to learn more, this webinar provides valuable insights into the NEP on Falls’s objectives, implementation strategies, and the far-reaching impact it will have on employers, employees, and safety professionals nationwide.
Here’s What You’ll Learn:
- Introduction to OSHA’s NEP: Understand the program’s background, purpose, and scope.
- Targeted Industries and Hazards: Gain insights into the specific industries and hazards the NEP aims to address.
- Inspection Procedures: Explore the inspection procedures employed by OSHA to enforce compliance and ensure the safety of workers.
- Risk Mitigation Strategies: Discover effective risk mitigation strategies and best practices that can be implemented to comply with the NEP.
- Training and Education: Understand the importance of employee training and education to promote a culture of safety within organizations.
- Resources and Support: Learn about the available resources, tools, and support Valcourt provides to aid employers in compliance with the NEP & OSHA standards.
Don’t miss this opportunity to stay ahead of the curve and ensure the safety of your workplace. Watch our webinar today to navigate OSHA’s latest NEP.